Thursday 13 January 2011

Roger Deakins shooting Alexa Uncompressed DPXs


The quote below from Roger Deakins own site implies that he is not shooting RAW (this being Arriraw) but shooting Log-C DPXs

direct to disk as uncompressed images. This can be done with digital film recorders from Stwo or Codex and has been our way

of shooting now for over 5 years.

Regards

Pure Digital

Roger » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:01 pm

I have a fully calibrated Colorstream system which does show me the raw data I am capturing as well as the image
I will get with a chosen LUT applied. I can also override this LUT and create my own timing per scene and this will
accompany the recorded file to the timing facility, which is E Films in this case. The monitor I am viewing is exactly
the same as the one on which I watch dailies.
I am not shooting raw as this is not available at present but I am shooting uncompressedand this is probably just
about as good as the raw will be. I do still use a light meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment